Monday, April 21, 2008

I've Reached My Support Raising Goal!!

So, this past week I received a check in the mail that put me over the mission trip!!! WHOOP!! God provided 2150 and I've so far raised 80 over what I needed. God is good and provides! I am so thankful to God and to all who have helped provide for this trip.

Time is getting shorter for the trip, we are 3 weeks away from leaving Houston. We have one more training time and then we will leave to go on May the 11th. I will be teaching the Beginner's level English class with Sarah Brown and Cathryn Mayo in our group. We have a lot of preparation to do to make lesson plans and getting things together for the trip. I've got my passport and everything, I should learn a few phrases in Italian before I leave.

Here is what our schedule will look like while we are there:

7:00-8:30 Rise, QT and Breakfast (QT means Quiet Time)
9:00-11:00 Worship, Prayer and Teaching
11:00-1:00 English Club Planning Time
1:00-2:00 Lunch
2:15-6:00 English Clubs
6:00-11:00 Free Time w/ new friends & Dinner

So we will be busy busy from sun up till sun down. On Friday nights we have what's called an Outreach Party. It's themed and we invite all of the students there, and one of the church members will share a pretty lengthy testimony of when they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and what God has done in their lives. One of the Saturdays we will take an excursions to do some sight seeing and the other I think for suvinere buying.

Continue to pray for us!

No comments: